- Shop Online
- Real Food
- Real People
- Real Rewards
The main part of this dish can be made well in advance and kept in the fridge until your guests arrive. The chicken adds a velvety, mousse-like consistency to these bites and the zesty sour cream cuts through the spiced sausage. It’s a winner.
Preparation time: 15 minutes•
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Serves: 8 people
*This recipe serves 8-10.
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C/gas mark 5.
2. Cut the baguette into 5mm-thick slices. Brush with the olive oil and place on a baking tray, then bake in the oven for a few minutes, until they’re crisp and starting to turn golden. Allow to cool. (This step can be done well in advance.)
3. Increase the oven temperature to 220°C/gas mark 7.
4. Place the chicken breast in a food processor and blitz into a smooth paste, then add the sausage, parsley and a pinch of salt and pepper and blitz again. (This mixture can also be prepared well in advance and kept in the fridge.)
5. Spread about 1 tablespoon of the sausage and chicken mix onto each crispy baguette slice, ensuring it goes right to the edges of the bread. Place the crostini on a baking tray and bake in the oven for 10 to 12 minutes, then grill on the top shelf for 2 to 3 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, mix the sour cream with the lemon zest and season with salt and pepper. If you like, you could add a little lemon juice too for extra lemony flavour.
7. Finish the hot crostini by topping with a teaspoon of the zesty sour cream. Sprinkle with fresh chives and serve.