The tasty treats can be made ahead and frozen, and the lemon cream can be stored in the fridge for two to three days before use, bring to room temperature before using.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 36 people
Add all ingredients Select All
100 g Cream Cheese
1 - Fresh Egg
340 g Plain Flour
240 g SuperValu Butter
at room temperature
1 - SuperValu Orange
zest finely grated
225 g SuperValu Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas Mark 4.
- Line several baking trays with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer beat the cream cheese, butter, orange zest, sugar, egg yolk and vanilla extract until light and creamy. Sift in the flour and combine until a smooth batter is achieved.
- Fill a large piping bag with a 1 ½ inch star tip and pipe the stars spacing them about 2” apart. Place in a preheated oven for 20 minutes until golden, remove from the parchment paper using a spatula and place on wire racks to cool down.
- To make the cream filling, beat the butter, sugar, orange zest and juice until smooth. Place half the biscuits upside down, then spoon a teaspoonful of filling onto each cookie. Place another biscuit on top then press down gently. Place in a cool place until set, then dust with icing sugar before serving.