Delicious Mince pies to WOW your guests over the festive period.
Serves: 18 people
- Put all the ingredients, except the mincemeat, into a mixer and mix until bound together. Wrap the dough in cling film and allow to rest.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas mark 4. Grease and line a 12-cup bun tray or ramekins.
- Cut out disks of pastry and use them to line the bun tray or ramekins.
- Spoon some of the mincemeat into each of the pastry-lined cups and top with an additional circle of pastry. You can use a small pastry cutter to make star shapes for the top pastry layer for a more festive look.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, until light golden. Turn out of the tin or ramekins and cool on a wire rack.
- Serve with some freshly whipped cream that has a splash of Irish whiskey and 2 tablespoons of icing sugar added to it.