A step by step classic recipe from Jess Murphy, perfect for Autumn!
1. Sterilise your jars and lids by cleaning them and then placing in the oven.
2. Place three plates into the freezer.
3. Dice the apples and place them in a casserole dish with the blackberries and the sugar and mix until the fruit is all evenly coated. Put the dish on a medium heat until the sugar dissolves fully. Then bring the mixture to a boil and stir intermittently for about 20 minutes.
4. To test if the jam is set, place a small spoon onto the cold plate. Tilt the plate. If the jam runs slowly, then it is ready. Alternatively, if after cooling on the plate, the jam wrinkles when you push your finger through, then it is set.
5. Take the jam off the heat and allow to cool slightly. Pour the jam into the warmed jars while still warm.