- Pre-heat the oven to 175°C. Roast the nuts on a tray for 10 minutes.
- Combine the warm nuts, dried fruit, and dates in a food processor by pulsing the ingredients a couple of times then scraping down the sides of bowl and pulsing again.
- Then process continuously until a ball is formed, 1 to 2 minutes until the ingredients clump together and gather into a ball.
- Turn out onto a large square of greaseproof paper press into a thick square, roughly 20 x 20cm in size. Wrap the dough in a greaseproof and chill in fridge for at least an hour
- Unwrap the chilled dough and transfer to a cutting board. Cut into 16 small squares wrap each bar in wax paper.
- Store the bars in the fridge for several weeks or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Tip: The dough can also be shaped into small energy balls. Refrigerate until firm, then wrap in plastic for longer storage.