- Preheat the oven to 130°C/gas mark ½. Line a baking tin, ideally 23cm square and 3.5cm deep, with non-stick baking paper.
- Warm the condensed milk in the microwave for approximately 2 minutes. You can also do this on the hob, but it can be prone to burning if you don’t keep a close eye on it. Stir in the honey.
- Mix together all the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Add the milk and honey to the dry ingredients and mix well with a spatula. Spread the mixture into the prepared baking tin.
- Bake in the oven for 50 minutes, until a light golden colour. Take out and allow to cool completely in the tin. Once cooled, cut into 16 squares. The bars should be firm but a little chewy.
- These cereal bars can be stored for up to a week in an airtight container. You could decorate them with some melted chocolate or dried fruit as a treat.
If you are coeliac, please refer to Coeliac Society Food List 2020.