- Place the strong flour, wholemeal flour and spelt flour into a large mixing bowl. Add the salt, caster sugar and dried yeast and mix thoroughly. Add in the water (ensuring that the water is not too hot) and mix well until it is all bound together.
- Transfer the dough to a floured work surface and knead for 4-5 minutes using enough flour to prevent the bread from getting stuck to the work surface.
- Put the bread into a bowl, cover with cling film and leave it to rise for 40 – 60 minutes approximately in a warm surrounding.
- Preheat the oven to 190C/375F/Gas Mark 5.
- Knock back the bread and divide into 8 pieces (more or less if you want smaller/larger rolls) and roll into round or baguette shapes and place on a well greased/floured baking tray.
- Sprinkle the bread with droplets of water and seeds etc. Leave the bread rolls a further 15 minutes to proof a second time.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until crisp and golden brown remove from the oven and leave to cool on a rack.
Use within a day with your favourite filling.