This is a delicious recipe for a quick and simple pizza without having to use a yeast base. Play around with this recipe using whatever toppings you like.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
200 ml SuperValu Buttermilk
From the Store Cupboard
1 tsp Bread Soda
300 g Plain Flour
1 tsp SuperValu Dried Mixed Herbs
1 pinch SuperValu Salt
4 - Mushrooms
1 - Red Onion
1 tin SuperValu Chopped Tomatoes
1 - SuperValu Courgette
5 oz SuperValu Grated Red Cheddar & Mozzarella
1 large SuperValu Tomato
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4.
- Sieve the plain flour into a large mixing bowl with the bread soda and the salt.
- Add in the buttermilk and mix it together to achieve a sticky dough.
- Transfer the mixture onto a lightly floured work surface and knead gently, then press onto a flat greased baking tray (you can use a round or rectangular tray).
- Mix together the tinned tomatoes and dried mixed herbs and spread this over the base. Then add on the other toppings and finally sprinkle over the grated cheese.
- Cook in the preheated oven for approximately 20 minutes until the base is cooked through and the topping is golden brown. Serve immediately.