This delicious recipe is courtesy of Siúcra and Catherine Fulvio.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 10 people
Add all ingredients Select All
0 - Siúcra Icing Sugar
For the biscuits
100 g Butter
4 tbsp Milk
200 g Plain Flour
70 g Siúcra Granulated Sugar
3 tbsp SuperValu Ground Almonds
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
For the puree
100 g Mixed Berries
3 tbsp Siúcra Caster Sugar
To make the biscuits
- Preheat oven to 180˚C/Fan160°C/gas 4.
- Line a baking tray with parchment.
- Place the flour and sugar into a bowl and rub in the butter.
- Add the almonds and vanilla extract.
- Pour in enough milk to form a dough and very lightly knead it together.
- Wrap the dough up in parchment and leave in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Roll the dough out thinly and cut out circles with a cutter. Place them onto the pre-lined baking tray.
- Bake them in a preheated oven for 14 to 16 minutes depending on the size of the biscuit.
- Leave on the tray for 10 minutes to set before transferring to a cooling rack.
To make the puree
- Blend the berries and sugar together until smooth.
- You need to have the biscuits ready as well as the puree before bbqing the strawberries and marshmallows.
- Preheat the bbq, place the strawberries on the bbq grill and cook. Toast marshmallows on skewers over the bbq.
- Place a toasted marshmallow onto one side of the biscuits, add a strawberry or two as well as a spoon or two of the puree. Close with the other biscuit and dust the top with Siúcra icing sugar and serve.