It is acceptable to slurp as the gulps of air help to cool the noodles and it is said by connoisseurs that without mouthfuls of oxygen, they just would not taste the same. It also shows the cook your appreciation! The crisp clean mouth feel off a Tiger beer together with its honey finish lifts the prawn, chilli and soya dish to make it a match made in heaven!
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
6 - Cherry Tomatoes
30 ml Chicken Stock Cube
1 dstspn Dark Soy Sauce
450 g Egg Noodles
3 dstspn Fish Sauce
3 cloves Garlic
80 g Green Beans
80 g Onion
2 dstspn Oyster Sauce
0.25 tsp Sugar
2 - SuperValu Chillies
10 g SuperValu Fresh Basil
100 g SuperValu Peppers
3 dstspn SuperValu Sunflower Oil
20 medium Tiger Prawns
fresh or frozen
- Soak the egg noodles in cold water for about 15 minutes until soft.
- Drain and keep to one side. Prepare the prawns, but leave the tails on.
- Bring a wok to a medium heat, add the oil, garlic and bird’s eye chillies and stir until you get the aroma of the garlic.
- Add the prawns, stir for 30 seconds, add the egg noodles, stir again, then add the vegetables and chillies and cook for a minute.
- Season with the fish sauce, oyster sauce, black soy sauce and sugar.
- Add some stock or water using a ladle to pour it around the edge so as not to cool the wok.
Add the holy basil and serve.
Some types of egg noodles need to be boiled rather than soaked. If you are using the noodles that are boiled, just drop them into boiling water for 2 minutes, drain and run under cold water, or follow the instructions on the packet.