This weekend brunch for two is inspired by the wintertime Riviera flavours of sage, nutmeg, thyme and garlic. Packed with nutrient-rich fruit, they’re a perfect start to a chilly winter morning.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 2 people
Add all ingredients Select All
2 tsp Baking Powder
15 g Butter
1 pinch Cinnamon
1 - Egg
4 tbsp Light Brown Sugar
1 tbsp Maple Syrup
150 ml Milk
1 tbsp Olive Oil
4 tbsp SuperValu Cacao & Goji Nut Mix
4 - SuperValu Plums
ripe, halved and stoned
55 g SuperValu Wholemeal Flour
2 tbsp Oh! Naturelle Fruit Sorbet
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C/gas mark 3.
2. Heat the butter and oil in a non-stick ovenproof frying pan over a medium heat until just foaming. Add the halved plums and 1 tablespoon of the sugar to the pan. Cook, turning, for 2 to 3 minutes, until lightly caramelised. Transfer to a plate.
3. Combine the remaining 3 tablespoons of brown sugar with the flour, baking powder and cinnamon in a bowl. Make a well in the centre. Whisk the egg, milk and maple syrup together, then pour the wet ingredients into the flour and mix until just combined.
4. Pour into two individual baking pans and smooth the tops. Press the plums into the batter, then sprinkle with the seed mix.
5. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes. Serve warm with a scoop of Oh! Naturelle fruit sorbet on the side.
This batter can be used to make pancakes topped with the cakes topped with the caramelised fruit.