Serves: 4 people
Kellogg's Rice Krispies
or cake pop sticks, optional
such as the Carousel mix, plus extra to decorate
SuperValu Sunflower Oil
- Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan set over a medium heat. Add the marshmallows and stir with a heatproof rubber spatula until melted. Tip in the Rice Krispies and sprinkles and stir gently until well mixed and evenly coated.
- Pop on a clean pair of kitchen rubber gloves, as the mixture will be too hot to handle without them, and rub a little sunflower oil on the palm side of your hands and fingers. Working quickly before the mixture sets, shape into 12 even-sized large eggs, arranging them on the lined tray as you go. Set aside for at least 30 minutes, until cooled and set.
- Now for the decorating bit. Place the white chocolate in a small heatproof bowl. Melt over a pan of simmering water or in 30-second blasts in the microwave, stirring regularly. Once melted and smooth, set aside to cool a little.
- Now get creative and decorate as you please. Dip the set eggs completely or halfway into the chocolate and allow the excess to drip o before returning to the tray. Alternatively, using a teaspoon, drizzle the chocolate back and forth over the eggs on the tray. You could also use a combination of these effects. Scatter sprinkles onto the chocolate before it sets. Pop into the fridge for at least 15 minutes to set. These will keep for a few days layered between parchment paper in an airtight container.
Top Tip: When ready to serve, push a cake pop stick in through the base of each egg to serve as a lollipop if liked. Tie a little ribbon around the stick for added prettiness. Wrap the pop in some cellophane and tie it with ribbon if giving as a gift.