Louise Kelly of I'm a Little Vegan blog shares her recipe for the perfect mid-week meal - Soba Miso Bowl with Mint & Cashew Pesto.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
1 head Broccoli
broken into small florets
200 g Chestnut Mushrooms
1 clove Garlic
1 pinch Pepper
1 pinch Salt
200 g Soba Noodles
4 tbsp Soy Sauce
3 - Spring Onions
500 g Tofu
drained and cubed
900 ml Water
30 g White Miso Paste
1. To make the cashew pesto, put the cashews, mint, garlic, olive oil and lime juice in a blender and blitz to achieve a chunky consistency. Add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
2. Briefly sauté the broccoli florets, tofu, mushrooms, spring onions and garlic in the soy sauce in a large frying pan.
3. Bring the water to the boil in a separate large saucepan. Stir in the miso paste, then add the cooked vegetables and simmer for 20 minutes. Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper.
4. Meanwhile, in a separate pan, cook the soba noodles according to the packet instructions.
5. To serve, divide the cooked soba noodles between four wide, shallow bowls, then ladle the miso broth and vegetables on top. Top each bowl with a spoonful of pesto and garnish with a few whole cashew nuts.
You can replace the miso with vegetable stock cubes if you also add a little more soy sauce.