When you dream of dessert, vegetables aren’t usually what first comes to mind, but rhubarb might be the exception!
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Chop the rhubarb into bite-sized pieces and place in a saucepan with the blackberries, water, and cinnamon over a low heat.
- Simmer for 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally until the rhubarb begins to soften.
- Spread the flaked almonds onto a baking tray, place in the oven and bake for 3-4 minutes.
- Once the almonds are lightly toasted, remove from the oven and pour onto a plate in a single layer to cool.
- Once the fruit has softened, stir in the honey. Set aside and allow to cool.
- In serving glasses or dishes, layer yogurt, rhubarb mix, and almonds to create a perfect sundae.
Tip: Try adding some seasonal blueberries instead of blackberries to the rhubarb. Or use walnuts instead of almonds for an omega-3 boost.