Deliciously hot soup to keep you warm through the cold months.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
1 tbsp Butter
100 g Greek Yoghurt
0.5 tsp Ground Turmeric
110 g Onions
150 g Potato
organic, unpeeled and roughly chopped
3 - Red Pepper
1 - Scotch Bonnet Chilli
1.2 litre Vegetable Stock
For The Turmeric Oil
60 ml SuperValu Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas mark 6
- Put the whole red peppers on a baking tray lined with tin foil. Roast in the oven for 25 minutes, then pop into a sealed ziplock bag to cool.
- Melt the butter in a heavy-bottomed saucepan set over a medium heat. Add the onions and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, until softened. Add the potatoes and cook for a further 10 minutes. Add the whole chilli and stock, bring to a simmer and continue to cook for 10 minutes, until the potatoes are soft.
- Take the roasted peppers out of the bag, gently peel off the skins and deseed. Add the red pepper flesh to the pot and cook for 4 minutes. Remove the chilli, then liquidise the soup with a stick blender until smooth.
- Mix the olive oil and turmeric together in a small bowl. To serve, ladle the soup into bowls, add a spoonful of yogurt and drizzle with the turmeric oil.