Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
1 pinch Gluten Free Baking Soda
80 g Gluten Free Cornflour
40 g Gluten Free Plain Flour
0.5 - Lemon
0.5 - Lime
zest and juice
1 portion Mango Mayonnaise
250 g Mayonnaise
1 portion Red Onion Marmalade
ensure it's gluten free on the jar
1 pinch Salt
1 pinch Sea Salt
10 g SuperValu Fresh Coriander
20 large SuperValu Prawns
or Dublin Bay prawns
250 ml SuperValu Sparkling Water
2 litre SuperValu Sunflower Oil
0.5 tsp SuperValu White Wine Vinegar
1 tbsp SuperValu White Wine Vinegar
For the Batter:
100 g Gluten Free Plain Flour
For the Mango Mayo:
2 - SuperValu Mango
1 - Lime
cut into halves or quarters
- Heat the oil in a deep-fat fryer until it reaches 190°C.
- To make the batter, sift the white flour blend, cornflour and a pinch of baking soda into a bowl and make a well in the centre. Pour in the sparkling water and vinegar and mix well with a whisk. Leave the batter to rest while you prepare the prawns.
- Prepare the prawns by removing their head and shell from the tail or ask your SuperValu Fishmonger to do this for you. Place in a large bowl with the coriander, lime zest and juice and a pinch of salt. Gently mix by hand until all the ingredients are incorporated.
- Drain any excess liquid from the prawns, then sift in the flour and mix gently, ensuring all the prawns are coated in the flour. Shake off any excess flour before adding the prawns to the batter.
- Using a fork, carefully remove five prawns from the batter, shaking off the excess batter. Place the prawns in the deep-fat fryer and cook for 4 minutes, until golden brown, then drain on a plate lined with kitchen paper. Repeat the process for the remaining prawns.
- Serve immediately with lime wedges, red onion marmalade, mango mayonnaise and seasonal salad leaves.
Quick Mango Mayo:
Peel and chop 2 fresh mangos and place in a blender with 250g SuperValu mayonnaise, the juice from ½ lemon and a pinch of sea salt. Blend until smooth. Whisk in 1 tablespoon of white wine vinegar to loosen the mixture at the end. Store in a sterilised jar in your fridge for up to one week.