Simple pancake recipe for Saturday or Sunday breakfast-brunch.
Serves: 4 people
SuperValu Sunflower Oil
- To make the pancake batter, sift the flour into a bowl, add the salt and make a well in the centre.
- Break the eggs into the well and add a little of the milk.
- Gradually add the remaining milk into the egg and flour mixture using a large whisk until a smooth consistency has been achieved.
- Cover with cling film and stand in the fridge for 1 hour if possible.
- Heat a heavy-based frying pan and when hot, brush with the minimum of oil.
- Pour a small amount of the batter onto the pan and swirl it around until it is evenly and thinly spread over the bottom.
- Cook over a moderate to high heat for about 1 minute or until the edges are curling and the underside is golden.
- Flip over and cook the second side for 30 seconds or so until golden.
- To make the berry compote, place the berries in a heavy-based pan with the sugar and a splash of water, then stir gently over a moderate heat until the sugar is dissolved.
- Increase the heat and boil for about 5 minutes until the berries are tender but still holding their shape.
- Remove from the heat and serve.