For a non alcoholic version just use some sparkling water instead of Prosecco
Serves: 6 people
Grifon Prosecco Frizante 75cl
SuperValu Fresh Basil
keep a few for garnish
- Pour the water and sugar into a small saucepan over a medium heat and allow the sugar to dissolve.
- Once the sugar has dissolved remove from the heat and add the basil and cardamom and allow to cool.
- Once the liquid has cooled, strain the basil and cardamom and place the syrupy liquid into a container until required (the remaining syrup can be stored in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks in the fridge).
- Slice the orange in half width ways, the squeeze the juice into a bowl.
- Slice the remainder into thin slices to place in the glass.
- Place a thin slice of orange into a champagne flute, standing at the edge.
- Add a tablespoon of the syrup and 1 tablespoon of orange juice into the bottom of the glass and top with some Prosecco.
- Garnish with some basil leaves or orange rind.