You can't beat a simple Spag Bol. Spice it up with some chorizo and chillis if you want a bit more heat.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 6 people
Add all ingredients Select All
2 tbsp Sun Dried Tomato Paste
1 small SuperValu Carrot
2 tins SuperValu Chopped Tomatoes
0 bunch SuperValu Fresh Basil
2 sprigs SuperValu Fresh Rosemary
2 cloves SuperValu Garlic
1 tbsp SuperValu Olive Oil
1 small SuperValu Onion
25 g SuperValu Parmesan Cheese Shavings
500 g SuperValu Quality Irish Round Steak Mince
6 - SuperValu Smoked Bacon Rashers
400 g SuperValu Spaghetti
- Heat the SuperValu Oil in a frying pan.
- Add carrot, onion and cook for 5 mins to soften.
- Add streaky bacon and garlic and toss in pan for 3 mins.
- Add minced meat to pan and cook for 5 mins or until all meat is cooked.
- Pour the tomatoes, tomato paste, chopped rosemary and basil into mixture and simmer for 15 mins.
- Cook spaghetti according to pack instructions with a splash of SuperValu olive oil and a pinch of salt.
- Reserve some of the cooking water, drain and pour the pasta into the pan along with the sauce.
- Toss together, thinning with pasta water, if needed, and serve with the extra basil leaves with Parmesan shavings on top.