These lovely treats can be made up to 4 days in advance though store in an airtight container.
Serves: 6 people
SuperValu Icing Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4.
- Place the flour, icing sugar and butter in a bowl and combine together until it resembles fine bread crumbs.
- Add the egg yolk and process until dough just comes together.
- Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth.
- Wrap in cling film and place in the fridge until ready to use.
- In a small saucepan heat the jam over a medium heat until dissolved.
- Add in the whole raspberries and stir until the raspberries are slightly broken down.
- Roll out the pastry until 3 mm thick.
- Use a 6.5cm diameter round pastry cutter to cut 22 discs from the pastry.
- Line the muffin tray with the pastry discs and prick the base with a fork.
- Roll out the remaining pastry and using a 5 cm diameter star-shaped cutter to cut 22 stars.
- Spoon jam mixture among pastry cases.
- Top with stars and sprinkle with caster sugar.
- Bake for 20-25 mins or until golden.
- Allow to cool.
- Dust with icing sugar to serve.