Potato cakes are absolutely delicious and a great way of using up some leftover mashed potatoes. You can add in whatever you wish in terms of fish, leftover bacon or chicken.
Serves: 4 people
Supervalu Smoked Bacon Lardons
- Mix all the ingredients together until well combined.
- Season lightly with a little black pepper.
- Divide into eight shapes and then mould into little patties
- I normally, and if time allows, arrange them on a plate at this stage and transfer them to the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Meanwhile heat a large pan with a little butter.
- Cook the potato cakes on both sides until they are golden brown.
- Make sure they are really well heated through-if you are a little concerned about them you could transfer them into the oven for a few minutes to ensure that they are really well heated through.
- Serve with a large salad and/or a softly poached egg. Simply Delicious!