Serves: 4 people
SuperValu Mini Meringue Shells
SuperValu Raspberry Ripple Ice Cream Pint Block 568ml
Supervalu Raspberry Fromage Frais
such as blueberries, raspberries or strawberries
- Firstly prepare the fruit compote.
- Place the berries in a heavy-based pan with the sugar and orange juice, then stir gently over a moderate heat until the sugar is dissolved.
- Increase the heat and boil for about 5 minutes until the berries are tender but still holding their shape.
- Remove the compote from the heat and transfer to a bowl.
- Leave to cool completely, then cover with cling film and chill until needed.
- This will last for up to three days in the fridge.
- To build your mini meringue mess place 1 scoop of ice-cream into each serving glass.
- Spoon over some berry compote, then top with a layer of crushed mini meringues.
- Add some more fruit compote then top with a mixture of fromage frais and fresh cream.
- Finish with a scoop of ice-cream and a mini meringue, then drizzle the remaining compote juice over the top and serve with saved fresh berries.