Tasty valentines treat. Scatter with some dried rosebuds.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
4 tbsp Almonds
chopped, for coating
25 g Butter
2 tbsp Cocoa Powder
with a sprinkle of sea salt
2 tbsp Dark Rum
4 tbsp Desiccated Coconut
150 ml Double Cream
1 tbsp Greek Yoghurt
150 g Quality Dark Chocolate
at least 75% cocoa solids
4 tbsp SuperValu Goodness Pistachio Nuts
1 - SuperValu Signature Tastes Clemengold
- Put the cream, butter and rum and orange zest in a small saucepan and bring these to simmering point.
- Break the chocolate into squares and place it in the bowl of a food processor. process the chocolate until it looks granular, like sugar.
- Then, with the motor switched on, pour the mixture through the feeder tube of the processor and continue to blend until you have a smooth, blended mixture.
- Now add the yoghurt and blend again for a few seconds.
- Next transfer the mixture, which will be very liquid at this stage, into a bowl, allow it to get quite cold, then cover it with cling film and refrigerate for 4-5 hours or preferably overnight.
- When you are ready to make place the cocoa power in a saucer and roll the truffle into a ball and coat in cocoa, nuts or coconut. Repeat. It gets a bit messy but delicious.