These pancakes are boozy and indulgent. For a family-friendly version just take out the rum.
Serves: 4 people
Captain Morgan Rum
SuperValu Olive Oil
- Sift the flour, nutmeg and baking powder into a large mixing bowl.
- Crack the eggs into the flour mixture and, with a large whisk, incorporate the egg and the buttermilk to the flour.
- Pour in the dark rum and vanilla extract.
- Mix well and cover the batter with clingfilm or a dry cloth and transfer to the fridge and allow it to rest for at least one hour.
- Drizzle some olive oil onto a pan and ladle a spoonful of batter onto the pan.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes on either side over a moderate heat.
- Serve with some berry compote and lashings of fresh, whipped cream.