A very tasty treat indeed! Enjoy!
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
2 tbsp Brandy 350ml
4 tbsp Cointreau
3 - Fresh Egg
350 ml Milk
150 g Plain Flour
50 g SuperValu Butter
100 g SuperValu Butter
1 - SuperValu Orange
grated zest of
2 - SuperValu Orange
zest and juice of
200 g SuperValu Strawberries
hulled and halved
50 g SuperValu Sugar
100 g SuperValu Sugar
2 tbsp SuperValu Sunflower Oil
0 - SuperValu Vanilla Ice Cream Pint Block 568ml
- Sift the flour into a bowl and make a well in the centre.
- Add all the other batter ingredients and stir well with a whisk, to remove any lumps.
- Let the batter rest in the fridge for at least an hour before making the crepes to allow the mixture to settle.
- To cook the crêpes, heat a little butter in a crêpe pan or non-stick pan.
- Ladle a little batter into the centre, tilting the pan so that the batter covers the surface thinly and evenly.
- Cook on both sides until lightly browned.
- Slide it out of the pan onto a warmed plate and keep warm as you make the rest.
- To make the sauce, put the butter in a small pan, add the sugar and whisk rapidly.
- Add in the Grand Marnier or Cointreau, the orange zest and juice.
- Bring to the boil, stirring continuously, then cook briskly until the sauce thickens.
- To serve, pour the sauce into a frying pan over a low heat.
- Put the crêpes in the sauce one at a time, folding them once, and then again, to make little triangles.
- Spoon the sauce over the crêpes to make sure they are all soaked with sauce.
- After the flamed has been extinguished add the strawberries, heat through and serve immediately with the crepe suzettes and some Vanilla Cream.