You'll definitely have them coming back for more! If feeling indulgent add some wine to the stock and a dash of cream.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
200 g Creme Fraiche
1 tbsp Dijon Mustard
300 ml Fish Stock
3 tsp SuperValu Dried Mixed Herbs
100 g SuperValu Fresh Breadcrumbs
500 g SuperValu Fresh Seafood Mix
1 medium SuperValu Leek
1 - SuperValu Lemon
2 tbsp SuperValu Olive Oil
8 - thin Crepes
See recipe below
- Firstly, to make the crêpes, sieve the flour into a bowl and make a well in the centre.
- Add the eggs, butter, milk and salt and stir well with a whisk to remove any lumps.
- Let the batter rest in the fridge for at least an hour before making the crêpes to allow the mixture to settle.
- To cook the crêpes, heat a little olive oil in a 9 inch crêpe pan.
- Ladle a little batter into the centre, tilting the pan so that the batter covers the surface thinly and evenly.
- Cook on both sides for approximately 1-2 minutes on each side until lightly browned.
- Slide it out of the pan onto a warmed plate and keep covered with tin foil as you prepare the remaining crêpes.
- Meanwhile, heat some oil in a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Add the thinly sliced leek and cook for 5 minutes or until soft.
- Add the flour and cook for a further 1 minute. Combine the stock and crème fraiche in a jug and gradually add to the pan.
- Bring to the boil then reduce the heat.
- Add the mustard and herbs and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Reserve 200ml/7 fl oz of the sauce to pour over the finished dish.
- Then add the seafood mix to the pan, simmer for 5 minutes or until fish is just cooked through.
- Preheat the oven grill on medium-high. Spoon 2 tbsp seafood mixture over 1 crêpe.
- Roll up to enclose filling. Place in an ovenproof dish.
- Repeat with remaining crepes and filling, spoon over the leftover sauce.
- Next add the lemon zest to the breadcrumbs, then season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the breadcrumbs over the crêpes and place under a preheated grill for 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Stand for 5 minutes.
- Top with remaining herbs.