This is such a fresh vibrant dish, perfect Summer eating!
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
1 tub Natural Yogurt
1 - SuperValu Lime
300 g SuperValu Quality Irish Chicken Fillets
From the Store Cupboard
3 tsp Chilli Powder
1 tbsp SuperValu Cooking Oil
1 - Red Onion
1 - SuperValu Butterhead Lettuce
3 - SuperValu Tomato
4 - SuperValu oval pitta breads
3 large SuperValu Potatoes
- Split each chicken fillet in half.
- Mix together the lime zest, yogurt and 2 teaspoons chilli powder, pour on top of the chicken and allow to marinate for at least an hour.
- Heat a large pan with a little oil and fry the chicken on either side for 4-5 minutes until cooked through (to check split one with a sharp knife).
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4. Cut the potatoes into wedges, place in a large bowl with 1 teaspoon chilli powder and oil and mix well.
- Place on a baking tray, lined with baking parchment and bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Mix together the lime juice and natural yogurt.
- Lightly toast the pitta breads under a hot grill.
- Pile the shredded lettuce, red onion and sliced tomato on top of the toasted pitta breads and top with the chicken.