A tasty chicken & ham puff pie for you and your family to enjoy!
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
1 - Fresh Egg
mixed with milk for egg wash
50 g Gubbeen Cheese
400 ml Milk
25 g Plain Flour
1 sheet Puff Pastry
25 g SuperValu Butter
200 g SuperValu Button Mushrooms
200 g SuperValu Cooked Premium Ham slices
4 portions SuperValu Fresh Chicken Fillets
(or leftover roast chicken)
3 cloves SuperValu Garlic
1 - SuperValu Leek
1 large SuperValu Onion
1 tsp SuperValu Sunflower Oil
1 glass White Wine
- Heat a large shallow saucepan with the butter and oil - to stop the butter from burning.
- Add in the chicken and ham and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Add in the leeks, onions, garlic and mushrooms at this stage together with a little seasoning.
- After cooking for a further 5 minutes sprinkle in the flour and stir to thicken the sauce.
- Pour in the white wine, cheese and the milk at this stage and allow the mixture to come to a gentle boil whilst stirring all the time. If you like you could add a little cream at this stage too.
- Simmer for 5-6 minutes and then transfer to a large casserole dish.
- Allow to cool for 15 – 20 minutes before adding the layer of pastry.
- Neatly arrange the pastry on top.
- Brush the pastry lightly with a little egg wash and bake in a preheated oven (190C/375F/Gas Mark 5) for approximately 30 minutes.
- Serve with some dressed salad greens.