Serves: 4 people
Chicken Stock Cube
SuperValu Butternut Squash
peeled and cubed
SuperValu Olive Oil
- Drizzle the oil in a large, heavy based pan and add the onion and garlic, fry gently for 3 - 4 minutes until softened.
- Add the squash and lentils and coat in the flavoured oil, season with some salt and pepper. Cook for a further minute or two.
- Pour the stock into the pan and bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for a further 35 - 40 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and pour into a food processor and process until smooth and creamy.
- Return the soup to the pan and check for seasoning.
- Once the soup has been fully heated through serve immediately.