Cranberries and brussel sprouts are a perfect match that taste just delicious.
Serves: 6 people
- Place the chestnuts in a saucepan and cover with water and bring to the boil.
- Allow to cook for 20 minutes until softened. Drain and set aside.
- With a small paring knife trim Brussels sprouts taking off the rough outer leaves For faster, more even cooking, cut an “X” deep into the stem end of each sprout with small paring knife.
- Bring a pot of salted water to the boil and add the sprouts. Boil for 6-8 minutes until soft and tender. Strain off the water.
- Meanwhile in a large pan or wok melt the butter and quickly fry the chestnuts until starting to caramelise.
- Add in the sugar and the cranberries and continue to cook until the sugar is dissolved and the cranberries are just starting to pop.
- Add the sprouts and toss around in the pan making sure that they are well coated and piping hot. Serve immediately