Experiment with different toppings on these baked cauliflower cups.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 6 people
Add all ingredients Select All
1 large Eggs
1 small Garlic
clove, finely chopped
20 g Parmesan Cheese
1 head SuperValu Cauliflower
approx 750g, broken into florets
1 tsp SuperValu Dried Oregano
For The Dressing
1 - Lime
4 tbsp Mayonnaise
1 - Red Chilli
fresh, deseeded and finely chopped
1 tsp SuperValu Brown Sugar
0.5 tsp Supervalu Ground Cumin
For The Fillings
25 g Cheddar Cheese
1 clove Garlic
75 g Ham
cooked & sliced
150 g Mushrooms
1 tbsp Olive Oil
2 sprigs SuperValu Fresh Thyme
1 medium Tomatoes
deseeded and finely chopped
For The Spicy Slaw
1 - Apple
Granny Smith, cut into matchsticks
2 - Carrots
peeled and grated
4 - Spring Onions
0.25 head SuperValu Red Cabbage
0.25 head SuperValu White Cabbage
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas mark 4. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper cases or non-stick baking paper.
- Pulse the cauliflower florets in a food processor until it resembles rice. Transfer to a microwave-proof bowl and cook for 4 minutes on high.
- Allow to cool, then tip out onto a piece of kitchen paper. Cover with another couple sheets of kitchen paper and press out as much moisture as possible.
- Place the cauliflower back in the bowl. Add the egg, Parmesan, garlic, oregano and a pinch of salt and pepper and mix well.
- Divide between the lined cups. Press really well up the sides and in the bottom to compact them into hollow cups, then bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- To make the ham and cheese filling, divide the chopped tomatoes between six of the cups.
- Repeat with the diced ham and scatter over the cheese.
- To make the mushroom and thyme filling, heat the olive oil in a frying pan set over a medium heat.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute, then add the mushrooms and fry for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the thyme, salt and pepper and cook for 1 minute.
- Spoon the filling into the remaining six cups and pop in the oven for 5 to 10 minutes, until the fillings are hot.
- To make the slaw, mix all the dressing ingredients together in a large bowl, then add the veg.
- Refrigerate until the vegetables soften. Serve the cauliflower cups with the slaw on the side.