Ideal for freezing
Serves: 6 people
peeled and finely sliced
SuperValu Irish Beef Mince
SuperValu Tomato Purée
(from 6 months – can be given from 4 months without pasta)
- Place the onion, celery, diced tomatoes and garlic into a saucepan and half the beef stock.
- Cook over a gentle heat for approx. 10 minutes until all the vegetables have softened then pour the entire contents into a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add the mince to a frying pan and cook over a medium heat until the meat has browned.
- Pour over the vegetable puree from the food processor, then add the tomato puree and remaining beef stock, bring to a simmer and cook for 20 – 25 minutes until thickened.
- Serve with some finely chopped cooked pasta (i.e. spaghetti).