The perfect warming winter treat.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
300 g Apple
120 g SuperValu Blackberries
30 g SuperValu Brown Sugar
30 g SuperValu Butter
0 tsp SuperValu Cinnamon
- Heat oven to 190°C/Fan 170°C /Gas 5.
- Mix flour and sugar into a large bowl.
- Add the butter, then rub into the flour using your fingertips to make a light breadcrumb texture.
- Add flaked almond.
- Sprinkle the mixture evenly over a baking sheet and bake for 15 mins or until lightly coloured.
- For the fruit mixture, peel, core and slice apples.
- Put the butter and sugar in a medium saucepan and melt together over a medium heat.
- Cook for approx 3 mins until the mixture turns to a light caramel consistency.
- Stir in the sliced apples and cook for 3 mins.
- Add the blackberries and cinnamon, and cook for a further 3 mins.
- Spoon the warm fruit into an ovenproof dish, top with the crumble mix, then place in the oven for 5-10 mins at 190°C/Fan 170°C /Gas 5.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream.