Fantastic with a sprinkle of sugar and a squeeze of lemon Juice
Serves: 4 people
1 tsp Baking Powder
3 - Fresh Egg
300 g Plain Flour
400 ml SuperValu Buttermilk
30 g SuperValu Irish Creamery Butter
1 pinch SuperValu Salt
1 tbsp SuperValu Sunflower Oil
- Mix together the flour, baking powder and a pinch of salt in a large bowl.
- Beat the eggs with the milk, make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and whisk in the milk to make a thick smooth batter.
- Beat in the melted butter.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan.
- Drop a tablespoon of the batter per pancake into the pan to make pancakes approx 7.5cm/3" across.
- Make 3 pancakes at a time and cook for about 2 1/2 minutes over a medium heat until small bubbles appear on the surface of each pancake, then turn and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Cover with kitchen paper to keep warm while you use the rest of the batter.
- Serve with some maple syrup, or berry compote or both!
- Delicious with a scoop of SuperValu Vanilla ice-cream.