Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
30 g Fresh Rocket
, as an optional topping
300 g Leeks
1 tbsp Olive Oil
250 g Passata
640 g Puff Pastry
(2 sheets, we used Jus-Rol)
0.75 tsp Salt
5 tbsp The Happy Pear Sun-dried Tomato Pesto
2 - Vegan Sausages
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Line a 38 x 26cm baking tray with parchment paper. Lay the two sheets of puff pastry side by side, slightly overlapping. Trim any excess pastry around the edge of the tray.
- Slice the leeks into 1cm rounds and give them a good rinse to remove any dirt.
- In a large pan add one teaspoon of oil on medium heat, add the leeks and a quarter teaspoon of salt and cook for one minute, then add two
tbsp of water and cover the pan with a tightly fi tted lid to trap the steam. Cook for 3-4 minutes until the leeks are softened.
- For the tomato sauce, mix together the passata, three tablespoons of The Happy Pear Pesto and ½ teaspoon of salt.
- Spread the sauce in an even layer over the puff pastry, leaving about 2.5cm from the edges for a big golden crust.
- Scatter the cooked leeks over the sauce. Slice the vegan sausages and scatter over the sauce.
- Brush the pastry edges with some non-dairy drink if you have it.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes until the pastry is golden brown.
- To serve, add the rocket and a few more dollops of pesto, slice and enjoy!