Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
125 g Natural Yogurt
1 - SuperValu Lemon
Cut into Wedges
8 - SuperValu Quality Irish Chicken Drumsticks
8 - SuperValu Quality Irish Chicken Thighs
2 tbsp Tandoori paste
- In a large bowl, whisk together the yogurt and tandoori spice. Add the chicken pieces, making sure they are all coated in the yogurt. Put in the fridge to marinate for up to 1 hour to allow the flavours to infuse and develop.
- Preheat the barbecue to medium or the oven to
180˚C/350˚F/gas mark 4. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Toss the potato wedges with the oil, mixed herbs and chilli powder in a large bowl. Transfer to the lined baking tray. Cook in the oven for 35 to 40 minutes, turning them once or twice, until they have softened on the inside but are still crispy on the outside.
- When the coals are lightly coated with ash and are a medium heat, oil the grill grates. Shake off the excess marinade, then place the chicken on the barbecue over an indirect heat and cook for 4 to 5 minutes. Continue to grill until the chicken is completely cooked through, which should take 15 to 20 minutes, turning the pieces now and then. Alternatively, you could place the chicken on a baking tray and roast it in the oven for 35 minutes with the potatoes.
- Serve immediately with the spicy potatoes, some baby salad leaves and a lemon wedge.