Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 5 people
Add all ingredients Select All
5 medium Sweet Potatoes
FOR THE DAHL
12 small Cherry Tomatoes
400 g Chickpeas
400 g Coconut Milk
2 tbsp Curry Powder
3 medium Garlic Cloves
10 g Ginger Piece
0.5 tsp Ground Black Pepper
2 tbsp Ground Cumin
400 g Lentils
1 tbsp Olive Oil
1 tsp Salt
4 medium Scallions
1 tbsp Tamari
or soy sauce
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Scrub the sweet potatoes leaving the skin on, cut the ends off and cut
into halves lengthwise. Place the sweet potatoes on a baking tray and
roast for approx. 1 hour. Remove the sweet potatoes from the oven and allow to cool for 5-10 minutes.
- For the dahl: Peel and finely chop the garlic, ginger and scallions. Drain the chickpeas and lentils and rinse thoroughly. Chop the cherry tomatoes in half.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large saucepan on a high heat. Add the
garlic, ginger and the scallions and reduce the heat to medium, cooking for 1 minute. Add the cherry tomatoes and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add all the remaining ingredients, bring to the boil, stirring occasionally to make sure it does not stick to the bottom. Reduce heat to simmer for 3-5 minutes.
- Scoop out the flesh from the sweet potato and place into a large mixing bowl. Place the empty skins back onto the tray and bake for 10 minutes to get crispy.
- While the skins are baking, mash up the sweet potato flesh. Now mix half the dahl with the sweet potatoes and mash together.
- Fill each crispy skin with the sweet potato curry mixture. Pop back into
the oven for 5 minutes to heat through. Serve with the remaining dahl
poured over the stuffed potato skins and garnish with some chilli flakes, fresh coriander and dairy free yogurt of choice.