- Shop Online
- Real Food
- Real People
- Real Rewards
By Daniel Davey
Grapefruit and salmon are an excellent combination not only because the flavours match up so well, but also because both foods complement each other nutritionally.
Preparation time: 10 minutes•
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Serves: 2 people
1. Peel the grapefruit, then cut into segments with a sharp knife. Toss the grapefruit segments and any juice with the mixed leaves and avocado.
2. To make the dressing, whisk together the lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, honey, wholegrain mustard and a pinch of salt and pepper in a small bowl. Set aside.
3. Set a dry frying pan over a medium heat. Add the walnuts and cook for a few minutes, stirring occasionally, until the walnuts are toasted. Tip out onto a plate and set aside.
4. Season both sides of the salmon fillets with a pinch of salt and pepper. Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in a large non-stick frying pan set over a medium–high heat. Add the salmon to the pan, skin side down, and cook for about 4 minutes, until the skin is golden and the fish releases easily from the pan. Using a spatula, gently flip the fish over and cook for 3 minutes more.
5. When you’re ready to serve, drizzle the salad with the dressing, then divide it between two plates. Sprinkle with the toasted walnuts, then top each portion with a salmon fillet.
Tip: You can just as easily use leftover roast chicken in this recipe.