It's Halloween and along came... a spooky spider hanging from your ceiling! These little spiders are so easy to make and can be hung indoors or outside on your porch.
All you need is:
- some thread
- or black wool
- two black pipe cleaners
- a scissors
- 'googly eyes' – one pair per spider
- Fold your pipe cleaner into three even sections and cut them all the same size
- Take one of the three sections and cut a section of the same length from the second pipe cleaner. You now have four ‘legs’
- Make a little circle for the head by wrapping the pipe cleaner around your finger twice. Twist the ends together to hold it firm
- Wrap the rest of the pipe cleaner around a pencil then tease it into the shape of the spider’s body.
- Take the first leg and feed it through the spiders body so the ends come out both sides. This will look like two legs.
- Do the same with the other three legs.
- You now have an eight legged spider – arrange the legs by bending them at the knee joints.
- Finish your spider off by gluing on the googly eyes
- Finally use the thread to hang your spiders around the house. Use different lengths of thread to make them look more natural.