Serves: 4 people
plus extra for greasing
- Preheat the oven to 170°C/gas mark 3. Grease three baking sheets with rapeseed oil.
- Holding the stem end, shave each peeled carrot lengthwise into thin strips using a vegetable peeler. Place in a medium bowl.
- Using a citrus zester, remove the orange zest, being careful not to take any white pith.
- Mix the rapeseed oil, maple syrup, turmeric and orange zest in a teacup with a fork. Drizzle this mixture over the carrots, then coat the carrot strips with the oil by tossing with tongs. Place the strips in a single layer on the greased baking sheets. The strips can be touching, but they shouldn't overlap.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until the edges of the carrots are just starting to turn golden brown. Leave to cool before serving.