Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 2 people
Add all ingredients Select All
1 can Chopped Tomatoes
1 clove Garlic
1 - Green Pepper
200 g Lean Round Steak Mince
1 - Onion
peeled and chopped
1 tbsp Rapeseed Oil
1 - Red Pepper
0 tsp Salt
1 - SuperValu Chilli Powder
/ 1/2 teaspoon of chilli powder / 1/2 chilli flakes
10 g SuperValu Fresh Basil
1 tbsp SuperValu Tomato Purée
100 g Tomatoes
100 g Wholewheat Spaghetti
- Place spaghetti in a large pot full of boiling water. Turn down heat and allow to simmer for 10-15 minutes until pasta is tender.
- Heat a large pot to medium heat. Add oil. Then add crushed garlic and onions, stirring until soft.
- Then add tomatoes, tomato puree, canned tomatoes, salt and basil. Mix together.
- Simmer over a medium heat for 5 - 10 minutes until tomatoes are soft and set aside.
- Place a third pan on a medium heat, add the minced beef and keep stirring until brown all over. Drain the mince.
- Return to the pan and add in peppers and chilli /chilli powder / chilli flakes. Add tomato based sauce to the pan and simmer until peppers are soft.
- Remove spaghetti from heat and drain.
- Place spaghetti on serving plate and ladle over the mince mixture.