A pannacotta is a very simple dessert to make – the cranberry compote adds a seasonal twist.
Serves: 6 people
zest and juice
SuperValu Vanilla Pod
split length ways
- Soak the leaves of gelatine in cold water ensuring that they are fully immersed.
- Place the cream, sugar and vanilla pod into a large saucepan and bring slowly to the boil.
- Take the boiling cream mixture off the heat.
- Remove the vanilla from the cream.
- Using a sieve, strain the water off the gelatine.
- Give it a good shake to get rid of excess water and add it to the boiling cream mixture.
- Whisk continuously to ensure that the gelatine has broken down fully and is incorporated into the mixture.
- Divide the mixture between 6 ramekins (no need to fill them up fully as the mixture can be quite rich) and transfer to the fridge to set for 5-6 hours or overnight.
- In a small saucepan, add all the ingredients together and cook on a low to medium heat for 5 minutes or until the cranberries have softened.
- Set aside to cool.
- To serve, pour the compote over the Pannacotta.