Operation Transformation Recipe
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 2 people
Add all ingredients Select All
350 g Chicken Breast
cut into pieces
1 tbsp Fish Sauce
1 - Fresh Egg
1 - Lemongrass Stalk
250 ml Light Coconut Milk
1 small Onion
3 tsp Rapeseed Oil
1 tbsp Red Curry Paste
1 tsp Reduced Salt Soy Sauce
10 g SuperValu Fresh Coriander
2 - SuperValu Scallions
80 g Wholegrain Rice
- Place the rice in a pot with water and bring to the boil. Cook until light and fluffy.
- On a med/high heat, place the wok and heat 2 teaspoon of oil.
- Add the onion. Fry for 3-5 mins, until soft and translucent.
- Add in the curry paste and cook for 1 min, stirring all the time.
- Add chicken pieces and stir until they are coated with the paste.
- Add the lemongrass, fish sauce, and coconut milk.
- Bring to the boil slowly, then reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 15 mins until the chicken is cooked.
- Place 1 teaspoon oil in a pan over high heat.
- Add in the cooked rice and stir fry for 3 - 4 minutes.
- Add the scallions and soy sauce and continue to stir fry for 3 more minutes.
- Push rice mixture to one side of the pan. Beat the egg in bowl and add it to the pan and beat as if making scrambled eggs.
- When cooked, mix the scrambled egg to the rice mixture.
- Stir half the coriander into the curry and sprinkle the rest over the top. Serve on top of rice.