This is a really great way of cooking chicken drumsticks to liven them up. This in my mind is perfect summer fare.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 2 people
Add all ingredients Select All
1 - SuperValu Lime
800 g SuperValu Quality Irish Chicken Drumsticks
From the Store Cupboard
0 pinch Chilli Powder
2 tbsp SuperValu Honey
2 tbsp SuperValu Olive Oil
5 tbsp SuperValu Soy Sauce
1 - Red Onion
1 - SuperValu Butterhead Lettuce
1 - SuperValu Cucumber
cut into batons
4 large SuperValu Potatoes
washed & suitable for baking
2 - SuperValu Tomato
cut into wedges
- Preheat the oven to 170°C/325°F/Gas Mark 3.
- Place the chicken drumsticks into a large bowl and drizzle with the honey, soy sauce, lime juice and chilli powder. Mix well ensuring they are fully coated.
- Place the drumsticks into a baking dish with the marinade, cover tightly with tin foil and place in the preheated oven. Cook for 45-50 minutes in this manner and then remove the tin foil and continue cooking for a further 15-20 minutes.
- Pierce 4 large potatoes with a skewer and then wrap tightly in tin foil.
- Place in the oven (as above) for 1 hour.
- Neatly arrange the lettuce, tomato, red onion and cucumber onto a large serving platter.
- Drizzle with olive oil and serve immediately with the drumsticks and baked potatoes.