This super-healthy stir fry is full of flavour, is quick and easy to prepare and low fat, therefore ticking all the boxes!
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
1 medium Fresh Egg
1 - Lime
zested and juiced
30 g Plain Flour
400 g SuperValu Basmati Rice
100 g SuperValu Fresh Breadcrumbs
2 cloves SuperValu Garlic
150 g SuperValu King Prawns
1 - SuperValu Lemon
2 tbsp SuperValu Olive Oil
1 - SuperValu Red Pepper and Onion Stir-Fry Pack 280g
1 jar SuperValu Sweet and Sour Sauce
- Cook the rice as per pack instructions.
- Prepare the prawns by cutting in half lengthways.
- Place the breadcrumbs mixed with the lemon zest in a separate bowl, the flour in another and the beaten egg in another, then firstly dip the prawns into the flour, then egg, then coat with lemon breadcrumbs.
- Deep fry the prawns for 3-4 minutes until the crust is golden, then remove from the pan and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large wok or frying pan and stir-fry all the vegetables for 3–4 minutes until softened.
- Add a splash or two of water to the wok if necessary.
- Stir in the sweet and sour sauce and combine with the vegetables.
- Toss well over the heat for 2–3 minutes then add the prawns and lime juice and prepare to serve.
- Serve the basmati rice in the centre of the plate and spoon over the prawns and vegetables.
- Sprinkle with some fresh lime zest if desired.