This is a really impressive starter. It’s best to prepare this 24 hours in advance to ensure it's properly chilled and will hold it shape.
Serves: 6 people
juice and grated rind
SuperValu Smoked Salmon Slices
- Place the cream cheese into a food processor and add the cream, lemon juice and rind, herbs and capers, blitz for 1-2 minutes until all the ingredients are combined.
- Remove contents to a glass bowl and season with some pepper.
- In the meantime, double line a loaf tin with clingfilm, allowing an overhang of at least 5cm all round.
- Place a layer of smoked salmon on the base of the lined loaf tin, then using a spatula, spread one third of the mixture over the salmon.
- Repeat the layers ensuring you finish with a layer of smoked salmon.
- Wrap the clingfilm over the loaf tin and place a plate on top.
- Place in the fridge for 24 hours.
- Serve with some homemade brown bread and some mixed salad leaves.