Operation Transformation Recipe - Healthy chcicken dish for all the family to enjoy.
Serves: 4 people
150 g Broccoli
1 tbsp Butter
300 g Carrots
1 clove Garlic
1 - Lemon
0 - Salt
1 - SuperValu Free Range Whole Chicken
200g of cooked meat
1 bunch SuperValu Fresh Basil
300 g SuperValu Potatoes
- Preheat oven to 220 C.
- Tear the basil and put in bowl. Add the butter, garlic, lemon zest and salt and use a hand blender to blend smooth.
- Loosen the skin of the chicken with your fingers. Using a spoon take ½ of the basil butter mixture and place under the chicken skin and on top.
- Place the chicken in a baking dish.
- Cook in oven for 90 mins - 2 hours until chicken is cooked through.
- In a saucepan add potatoes and water and bring to boil. Reduce heat to simmer until the potatoes are tender.
- Use a steamer to steam broccoli and carrots.
- Add the remaining basil butter to the cooked drained potatoes.
- Serve chicken without skin, vegetables and potatoes.