Red Pepper Jelly is a wonderful condiment to have in your refrigerator. It has a lovely fresh peppers flavour that works extremely well with most fish dishes.
Serves: 2 people
Fresh Lemon Juice
Pectin Powder Mix
with 1 tbsp of caster sugar
seeded and roughly chopped
- Place red peppers in a food processor and purée.
- Combine the puréed peppers, sugar and vinegar in a large stainless-steel pan.
- Bring to a boil for 2 minutes stirring constantly to avoid scorching.
- Remove pot from heat and set for 10 minutes.
- This allows the peppers to cook slowly in the residual heat and prevents them from floating on the surface.
- Then, return pot to stove and bring again to the boil, Add lemon juice and pectin mixed with the caster sugar and simmer over medium heat for 3 -5 minutes, stirring occasionally. The pectin will help the jelly to set while cooling.
- Pour into sterilized jars.
- Store in cool dark area for 3 – 5 months.
- Keep in the fridge when open and use within a month.