This marmalade will add a great twist to many snacks.
Serves: 4 people
peeled and thinly sliced
Red Wine Vinegar
SuperValu Dark Brown Sugar
- In a large pot place the onions and the oil over a high heat.
- Stir the contents to move onions around and prevent them from sticking.
- As the onions begin to colour and soften (after about 3 minutes) add in the dark brown sugar and continue to stir.
- The sugar will begin to soften and will coat all of the onions.
- Allow the softened sugar to come to the boil gently.
- Add red wine and red wine vinegar.
- Allow the mixture to come to the boil and then simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 15 minutes or until all of the liquid has evaporated off.
- Stir it occasionally to prevent anything sticking to the base of the pot.
- Transfer to clean sterilised jars and store in the fridge for up to 4 weeks.