A great dinner for all the family and it's fast and easy to make too!
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 0 people
Add all ingredients Select All
100 ml Chicken Stock Cube
3 tbsp Chocolate Chips
1 tbsp Sesame Seeds
0 - SuperValu Basmati Rice
1 tsp SuperValu Cayenne Pepper
1 tsp SuperValu Chilli Powder
1 tsp SuperValu Cinnamon
1 handfull SuperValu Fresh Coriander
2 cloves SuperValu Garlic
50 g SuperValu Goodness Flaked Almonds
0 - SuperValu Lime
cut into wedges
1 tbsp SuperValu Olive Oil
2 - SuperValu Onion
8 - SuperValu Quality Irish Chicken Thighs
boned and skinned
100 ml SuperValu Tomato
0 - SuperValu Whole Black Peppercorns
- Preheat the oven to 220˚C - 425°F.
- Drizzle the olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic and cook until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the spices, sesame seeds, and almonds and roast, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Stir in tomato sauce, chicken stock, and chocolate chips.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer, stirring often, for 5 -8 minutes until the sauce thickens and darkens slightly.
- Remove from the heat and add 200ml of water to loosen. Blitz the mixture at this stage if desired for a smoother texture.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice as per pack instruction. Add some coriander when cooked.
- When the rice is nearly cooked, Pour 4 tbsp of the mole sauce in a bowl add the chicken and combine until coated.
- Place the chicken on a baking tray in the preheated oven for 8 -12 minutes until cook through.
- Remove from the oven, serve the chicken, sliced with some coriander flavoured rice. Serve with remaining mole sauce and lime wedges.